We offer surgical abortion by suction D&C from 4 to 15 weeks of pregnancy.
On the day of your abortion
Please read General Instructions for All Appointments in the Appointments section.
For a surgical abortion:
- You may want to bring someone with you into the procedure room for support. This can usually be arranged. While we generally welcome a support person in the procedure room, this will sometimes not be possible. A nurse will always be next to you during the procedure to monitor your physical wellbeing and to support you emotionally.
- You can expect to be at the clinic for 3-4 hours altogether, as can your support person. We have magazines onsite; you and your support person can also bring non-electonic books, activities (such as Sudoku), etc.
- You will not be able to drive after your procedure. If you come by car, someone else must drive you home.
- Bring a pair of socks to wear in the procedure room.
- Follow the fasting guidelines outlined by the booking counselor at the time of booking your appointment.
- Take any regular medications as usual. Clients who use insulin should follow their usual meal and insulin schedule. Bring any food and supplies you will need for the time you are in the clinic. We have our own glucometer.