We offer surgical abortion by suction D&C from 4 to 15 weeks of pregnancy.
On the day of your abortion
Please read General Instructions for All Appointments in the Appointments section.
For a surgical abortion:
- You may want to bring someone with you into the procedure room for support. While we generally welcome a support person in the procedure room, this will sometimes not be possible. A nurse will always be next to you during the procedure to monitor your physical well-being and to support you emotionally.
- You can expect to be at the clinic for 3-4 hours altogether, as can your support person. We have magazines onsite; you and your support person can also bring non-electronic books, activities (such as Sudoku), etc.
- You will not be able to drive after your procedure. If you come by car, someone else must drive you home.
- Bring a pair of socks and a long t-shirt/gown to wear for the procedure.
- Follow the fasting guidelines outlined by the booking counselor at the time of booking your appointment.
- Take any regular medications as usual. Clients who use insulin should follow their usual meal and insulin schedule. Bring any food and supplies you will need for the time you are in the clinic. We have our own glucometer.