Due to COVID-19, we have temporarily changed our appointment line phone number as our booking staff are now working from home. If you'd like to book an appointment please contact us at:
We understand it can be hard to reach us, and we are sorry. We truly wish we could have the capacity to reach each and everyone of you. We are doing the best we can to answer your calls and provide the quality of care we are known for. Unfortunately, we just can't meet the astronomical call demands we receive on a daily basis. Thank you for your patience during these challenging times.
Compassionate, Caring and Confidential Care Since 1990.
March 18, 2021
On Tuesday night the world learned of a domestic American terrorist who murdered 8 including 6 Asian women. In addition to an act of hate, this crime also highlights the pervasive misogyny we’ve become accustomed to where migrant sex workers are put at additional risk of attack because of their job. This event is horrific and did not occur in isolation. It was the predictable result of a culture that demonizes sex work, implicitly condones casual racism as a norm, and sees racialized women as unimportant and disposable. There have been months of anti-Asian racism in the wake of COVID-19, but the history of anti-Asian racism in Canada existed long before the current pandemic. What happened in Atlanta could have happened in Toronto. As an organization dedicated to reproductive justice we serve these clients and we stand in solidarity with organizations such as Butterfly, Asian and Migrant Sex Workers Network. We encourage you to do the same and stand up to hate. #StopAsianHate #SupportSexWorkers
March 23, 2020
A message from CIHC,
The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that the delivery of many health services has had to adjust. At the CIHC what hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing high quality, safe abortion services, However, to continue offering these services some new processes have had to be implemented:
- Our booking team is now working from home, which means we have a new phone number and we will need your patience with booking while we figure out this new system. If you don’t get through, please leave a message, we will call you back.
- Support people are no longer able to accompany you to through your appointment
- We are temporarily halting pre-procedure counselling. If you'd like counselling please talk to our booking staff to be connected with our counsellors over the phone.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate a new system.
We are confident that we can continue to provide the high-quality service we are known for.
March 16, 2020
Message from our Executive Director regarding COVID-19 and the impact on our services
Hello CIHC Community and Clients,
I’m writing with regards to the COVID-19 global pandemic and the measures our clinic is taking to ensure we continue to provide abortion services while keeping staff and clients safe. As a clinic we are closely monitoring guidelines from Public Health Ontario and our colleagues at the Ontario Medical Association, Toronto Public Health and the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario. CIHC has been screening staff and clients for suspected COVID-19 infection since February 2020. Effective today we are moving to an enhanced screening and safety precautions.
Screening - what you need to know:
1. You will be asked screening questions at the time of calling and when you arrive for you appointment.
2. You may be asked to wait two weeks for your appointment, if this makes you ineligible for an abortion at CIHC we will support you with a referral to the appropriate clinic or hospital.
3. We ask that you monitor yourself between the time of booking your appointment and your actual visit. If your health changes please call us asap so that we can assess and provide a referral if needed.
Your appointment - what you need to know:
1. Effective March 17, 2020 support people will no longer be able to join you during your appointment
2. To maximize the space between yourself and others we are asking that you sit in assigned seating when you arrive.
3. We have removed all shared reading material from the waitroom. Please bring a book or magazine to read while you wait.
4. Normally cell phones are not allowed within the CIHC, however we recognize that staying close with your support people may be more important than ever. Effective March 17, 2020 you are able to bring your phone in but we ask that you disinfect it when you arrive and refrain from videotaping or using face-to-face video call apps while in the clinic.
5. You will be asked to wash your hands when you arrive
Enhanced cleaning -what you need to know:
●We are disinfecting all surfaces twice daily
●Shared material like clipboards and pens are being cleaned between each client
●CIHC is following precautions shared by Public Health Ontario
The impact of COVID-19 on the health care system is evolving rapidly which means CIHC may have to change our practices over the coming days or weeks. Please continue to check back on our website regularly for updates. We are committed to staying open and keeping clients and staff safe. If you have concerns about your upcoming appointment please call us.
For more information about COVID-19 here are some trusted resources:
●Ontario Ministry of Health “Case Definition” of a probably case COVID-19
●Ontario Ministry of Health Self Assessment Tool
●Public Health Ontario’s guide to Self Monitoring for COVID-19
Choice in Health Clinic is a non-profit Toronto abortion clinic that is centered on our clients' needs. If you are experiencing an unwanted pregnancy, we have a full range of services for you to use:
Surgical abortions up to 15 weeks from the start of your last menstrual period/monthly bleed (LMP)
Medication abortions up to 9 weeks LMPCounselling services before & after your abortionFree interpretation
Preparation for your surgical appointment
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we do not accept walk-ins. Please call our clinic to book all appointments.
Call (647)-370-3203 to book an appointment with us.
Many of our clients are unsure about the differences between Medication and Surgical abortions. To help our clients better understand what to expect with each option, we have added a new tab under ‘Services’, titled “Which Abortion to Choose?”.
*While we aim to keep this information as up-to-date as possible our availability is subject to change. Please call for more information.
All our services are free with an Ontario Health Card (OHIP).There are no extra fees.Our clinic is staffed entirely by folks who support your right to control your own body and make informed decisions about your reproductive health. We are respectful, caring and non-judgmental. Our doctors are all specially trained in the highest quality abortion care.
We are licensed by the Ministry of Health and inspected by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
All Ages Welcome!
You can have an abortion, birth control access, and counselling at Choice in Health Clinic. You do not need a parent's consent.
Back to Top